Friday, August 15, 2008

Tales of the vine



I don’t have much to say
these days -
just a few arguments
with myself
as to the nature
of love and fear,
prana and demons,
light and shadow,
and whether
you can have one
without the other;
dualities mingling.
Fragments personified
to protest the
verging consolidation.

Does the vine
keep the fence intact -
flower-hearts dripping?
Mazes breathe their cantos
into the swirling mesh.
There is a place within
my heart unencumbered;
a river flowing
to a home beyond
my doubts.

© 2001 Melissa Songer

5 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Hey Melissa!

I like some of your poems. Do you mind if I publish one or two on my blog?

thanks

greetings Frank

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Frank,

Sure you can post a poem as long as you credit me. I took a look at your blog and it seems we share a few similar interests.

Melissa

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Cool, thank you.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Hey Melissa! It's me again ;)

Because you write so much poetry I wondered if you could recommend me some beautiful written poetry; it can be inspirational but the main thing is that it is good written .... maybe even something popular, I don't even know where to start searching for it because I don't yet know much about it.
Thanks,

Frank

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

There are so many wonderful poets - living and dead - who are worth reading. Here is my short list: Theodore Roethke, Wallace Stevens, Rainer Maria Rilke, Antoine St. Exupery, Sylvia Plath, E.E. Cummings, Mary Oliver. There are many many others - but these would be good to cut your teeth on. Enjoy!

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.