Monday, October 07, 2002

A strange story

One evening while watching
X-Files (it just had to be),
I was feeling lazy and didn’t
want to reach for the remote;
so I thought (or did I)
that the channel should
just change by itself -
you know, mind over matter,
(here comes the kicker) it did.
I became the remote control,
the infrared eye moving molecules
through the energy field
(now do you believe);
the object responding
to the mind’s intent.

Then, a few weeks ago,
Sunday morning -
I let the dog and cats in to feed,
settled on the sofa,
and feeling drowsy thought
I’d catch some alpha waves.
Now I was only under for a minute
or two and it felt so good when
I opened my eyes, but
when I went to the kitchen
the animals were outside -
back door closed,
looking at me like
beatific or something
as if to say
‘oh there you are, thanks’
(what’d I do?).

Of course there are no witnesses,
not even me on that last one.


© 2000 Melissa Songer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.