Tuesday, March 08, 2005

When the Past won't stay in the Past

Though I've let go of many things
sometimes things won't let go of me
and I find one day when I'm cruising along
without a sense of guilt or loneliness
that the next millisecond brings me
face to face with a part of my life
I thought was long past

It might be a former acquaintance
or an ex-spouse who
in some flip of fate reaches out
to tweak my conscience or subtly twist
my arm by making an offer
hard to resist - to challenge me
by saying - you took something
from us when you moved on
so nonchalantly, as if we wouldn't notice
it was gone and damn,we want it back -
we want you to patch that hole you left
that no one else can fill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.