Monday, February 07, 2011

Lotusland













Tending my own
personal lotusland
where i can repose
and no one’s clamoring
for attention
and no one cares
what i’m doing
and no one knows
if I’m crying
or laughing
or dancing
or flying
or making
my own magic
just for me


not to save the world
change anyone else
look at a dead face
and regret
that i didn’t
know them better
not to look at
anyone and say
i need to know them better
not to listen to the crap
and the carping
from the tv set


whoa! just where is it
I’m headed
past the rose gardens
and the city halls
the schools
and the meeting rooms
full of politicians
who have already
made up their minds
and my cause
ain’t on their agenda
that’s for damn sure
you betcha!

if someone needs me
tell them I’m busy
contemplating
my navel


2000 Melissa Songer

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Jose G said...

Yeppers! I'll tell them if you tell my callers the same thing heh :-)
Loved the write. Always something good to read of yours. Well done Mel. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.